This is a list of the things that I would like to do, accomplish, see, and interact with at some point in my life. Guaranteed I’ll get through half. Maybe. I definitely won’t finish, considering it’ll be perpetually growing. Anyways.
1. Learn to build boats. Those sweet, fancy wooden boats. A motorboat, or a sailboat, with nice paneling, a nice lacquer…. So beautiful.
2. Go to bartending school. I don’t really want to become a bartender, maybe as a partime job or something but not as a future. It would just be a cool life experience. Some places have month long courses, I could take in my spare time.
3. Tour Europe. I’ve never been, and theres tons of places I’d love to go, take pictures, explore. Like Ireland. And some other places. Cornwall, for surfing, Spain, for Gaudi, Italy, pasta is fuckin’ awesome.
4. Take a train overnight. I don’t know if there are any of those nice, sleeper trains anymore that I can get on for cheap, but I think it would be pretty cool. Especially in Europe, which have some really nice trains.
5. ROAD TRIP. I’ve driven far before, but this is like an all out, real, roadtrip. Stay in sketchy places, meet random people, stop on the side of the road and take pictures where necessary. Bring friends, a girlfriend, someone who can play guitar, camp out, make good, cheap easy food. Have legitimate experiences. See places, crazy, wild, new places, and bands, catch some awesome local venues. Bum around America for a while. Who says you’ve got to go across the world to have genuine experiences? Theres tons to see, and people to meet, pictures to take and places to go, all within arm’s reach.
6. Go to Japan. Excellent food, cool crazy cultural bits, like old Shinto temples, sweet architecture. And not just Tokyo, tour small little villages, go to the shores, maybe check out that abandoned city island before its too touristy. Shoot.
7. Climb a mountain. I’ve climbed Old Rag in (west?) Virginia, but more valid would be climbing a big one. Maybe not one of those freeze your ass off, kill me now type mountains, but one that took more than a day to climb all the way up and all the way back down. Bring some camping gear, have a nice fire, maybe fish for food, live.
8. Get in the tube. No this isn’t a euphemism, its a surfing term. When a wave breaks, the end bit makes a sortof tube, also known as the barrel, and its supposed to be an indescribable experience when you’re in the barrel, being so close to such a strong force and basically leaving your life to a fiberglass board and a wave carrying hundreds of gallons of water. This doesn’t have to be a giant wave like the North Shore of Oahu, but something a bit bigger than 6 ft would be pretty sweet.
9. Rock a wingsuit. They’ve fairly recently innovated these jumpsuits with fabric connecting the legs and the arms to the body, so when spread out you vaguely resemble a flying squirrel, in brightly colored nylon. Essentially, you can jump off a cliff wearing one of these and a chute, and just kinda ride around on currents for a while. Till jetpacks come around, this is about the closest I could possibly get to flying around, and I have got to try it. http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1778399&server=vimeo.com&show_tit
10. When I have my own place, I want a wall, preferably in the living room area, where I, or people visiting, could write or draw random assorted things. When we’re all hanging out, food’s cooking, drinks are served, someone’s messing around with a guitar, or we’re just all talking, and one of us has one of those “Hey wait we could probably do that” ideas, the kind where later you’re like “Wow, so and so had a great idea, too bad I can’t remember what it was…” Well, now I could just write it on the conveniently placed wall! And then when the wall gets too crowded and impossible to read, I can take pictures of the segments I like or want to keep, and just white wash the whole thing. The Idea Wall! Or The Wall of Inspiration. Or simply just The Wall. Whichever works best.
11. Tech. Like as a job. Build the set for some show, I don’t really care which one. But something big, something a bunch of people will see, something people will talk about and remember. Being a part of something like that, knowing you contributed to something huge, would be an amazing experience. Not only that, but it would also be a way for me to reciprocate all the things tech gave to me. Skills, friends, experiences. I’d like to continue with it as much as I can.
12. Visit New Zealand. Maori culture is supposed to be some pretty interesting stuff, and theres good surf around too. Probably an excellent place to get some good shots. Oh, and Flight of the Conchords and The Axis of Awesome are from somewhere around there. All in all, the kind of place that I wanna go.
13. OHNOBADLUCK. Or something.
14. Bike. Nowhere in particular, pretty much everywhere.
15. Be a bike mechanic. Learn to tinker with all the mechanical bits.
16. Be a bike messenger. And avoid dying.
More to come.
Oh, and send me messages for other stuff I could add!